Recently I was looking through my closet for something to wear and as my hands passed over many items, I found myself muttering- “over it” and literally tossing pieces in a pile. Later the question of what to do with them popped into my head. While I am considering a clothing swap party with friends there is also an option of online marketplace– The Social Closet. It’s similar to eBay yet there are no bidding wars and all items are pre-approved!
Co-founded by French transplants Marine Soussan-Gouachon and Fanny Chéreau, this unique shopping experience allows you to not only resell designer duds, but peruse other “closets” and buy new wardrobe pieces at the same time.
Launching in May, this company is now giving the public the option to build their closet on the site now.
BECOME A MEMBER of The Social Closet fashion community
- SELL, BUY or BOTH by creating and opening your closet to our community by putting your pre-loved fashions up for sale while shopping in the community closet and/or buy what you love
- The Social Closet carefully reviews each item’s details before putting it online – all pictures and descriptions are edited for optimum exposure
- Sellers will never pay shipping fees – a shipping label will be emailed to them as soon as the item is sold
- SHARE your items by using the social network to showcase what you want, what you love, and all your favorite little designer’s items
- Bump your standard service up to premium and for an additional 10% of the purchase price, The Social Closet will step in, personally checking all items for condition and authenticity, then ship the items directly to the buyers.
Check it out at visit www.thesocialcloset.com
Follow on Twitter at @thesocialcloset or find on Facebook at The Social Closet
Labels that The Closet are interested in: Louis Vuitton, Hermes,
Prada, Chanel, Gucci, YSL, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Fendi, Burberry,
Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Christopher Kane, Isabel Marant, Vanessa
Bruno, Martin Grant, Zac Posen, Proenza Shouler,
Theory, BCBGMaxAzria, Vince, MarcbyMarc Jacobs, Joie, Rachel Zoe, Tory
Burch, Alice+Olivia, Kate Spade,
Elie Tahari, DKNY, Hugo Boss, Diane Von Fustenberg, Sandro Maje.
Pieces from some retailers (such as JCrew, Club Monaco, Zara but not
Gap, Old Navy or Express)