Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Your home should reflect you- especially if you love fashion or a decor that sets you apart. This week Hautelook has amazing fashion art by The Oliver Gal artist Co on sale. I immediately fell in love with the Louboutin, Chanel and other fashion based paintings that can spruce up your bedroom, living room and more.
If you don't have an account, click this link and become a member!
I think these unique pieces are a great price and can't wait to purchase one myself.
Recently I was looking through my closet for something to wear and as my hands passed over many items, I found myself muttering- “over it” and literally tossing pieces in a pile. Later the question of what to do with them popped into my head. While I am considering a clothing swap party with friends there is also an option of online marketplace– The Social Closet. It’s similar to eBay yet there are no bidding wars and all items are pre-approved!
Co-founded by French transplants Marine Soussan-Gouachon and Fanny Chéreau, this unique shopping experience allows you to not only resell designer duds, but peruse other “closets” and buy new wardrobe pieces at the same time.
Launching in May, this company is now giving the public the option to build their closet on the site now.
BECOME A MEMBER of The Social Closet fashion community
- SELL, BUY or BOTH by creating and opening your closet to our community by putting your pre-loved fashions up for sale while shopping in the community closet and/or buy what you love
- The Social Closet carefully reviews each item’s details before putting it online – all pictures and descriptions are edited for optimum exposure
- Sellers will never pay shipping fees – a shipping label will be emailed to them as soon as the item is sold
- SHARE your items by using the social network to showcase what you want, what you love, and all your favorite little designer’s items
- Bump your standard service up to premium and for an additional 10% of the purchase price, The Social Closet will step in, personally checking all items for condition and authenticity, then ship the items directly to the buyers.
Check it out at visit www.thesocialcloset.com
Follow on Twitter at @thesocialcloset or find on Facebook at The Social Closet
Labels that The Closet are interested in: Louis Vuitton, Hermes,
Prada, Chanel, Gucci, YSL, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Fendi, Burberry,
Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Christopher Kane, Isabel Marant, Vanessa
Bruno, Martin Grant, Zac Posen, Proenza Shouler,
Theory, BCBGMaxAzria, Vince, MarcbyMarc Jacobs, Joie, Rachel Zoe, Tory
Burch, Alice+Olivia, Kate Spade,
Elie Tahari, DKNY, Hugo Boss, Diane Von Fustenberg, Sandro Maje.
Pieces from some retailers (such as JCrew, Club Monaco, Zara but not
Gap, Old Navy or Express)
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Last Thursday I was invited to preview a new music and performance showcase at Untitled called Unbridled. From the flyer I received I was immediately interested in the "fun, funky, freaky evening of variété that blurs the lines between absurd and artistic, raw and refined." I was greeted by smiling women dressed in their sexy hostess gear and chatting up the patrons. People were excited and a majority of the seats were already filled so I settled into the community table in the center of the room. For the next two and a half hours I was entertained by various performances of fire eaters, circus style elements, acrobatic pole dancers, body balancers and more.
Every Thursday night you can experience this two hour showcase sponsored by Akira with hot and sexy performances as well as great drinks and music by DJ Madrid. After the show the floor opens up so you can dance the night away. Each Thursday the acts will very. Party starts at 10:30 p.m. and there is a $15 cover charge at venue beginning 30 minutes before performance and starts with a complimentary drink with admission ticket.
Untitled. 111 W Kinzie St. 312-880-1501. www.untitled-chicago.com
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Chicago’s first-ever Martha Stewart Weddings bridal event
Martha Stewart’s Wedding Party, one of the premier bridal and wedding events in the country, comes to Chicago for the first time on Sunday, March 10th, from 10 am – 3 pm at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel.
Join Darcy Miller, Editorial Director of Martha Stewart Weddings, Meghan Andalman, founder of Lovebird Events and Claudia Hanlin, founder of the Wedding Library, for a lavish afternoon of ideas, inspiration and fun!
- Topics will range from dresses to dream honeymoons
- showcase expert panel discussions and Q&A’s, celebrity speakers
- raffle giveaways
- sweets, and drinks
- Destination Weddings & Honeymoon Lounge
Enter by leaving your name and a fun fact about you and your fiance below! Come back on Saturday for the winner and instructions!!
If you don’t win, you can still attend! Priced at $65 or $110 per couple, tickets can be purchased online, for more information click here
● Darcy Miller, Editorial Director of Martha Stewart Weddings: How to personalize and bring in elements of your relationship into your wedding.
● Claudia Hanlin, Founder of The Wedding Library: Location Lessons: How to transform unusual locations into remarkable settings
Most vendors attending will be local and will include: Bands, DJs, florists, cake designers, hair and make-up stylists, invitation designers, gowns and accessory retailers, gift registries, etc. Below are just a few of the vendors that will be featured at the show. For an up-to-date list, visit Lovebird’s Blog, The Nest.
● BHLDN: Vintage-inspired, beautifully crafted attire and decor for your wedding or special event.
● Nico and LaLa: Chicago-based custom designers, specializing in custom invitations, event branding, and gifts for the home and life.
● Five Grain Events: Chicago-based planners collaborate with their clients to create events brimming with personality, vibrancy, and panache.
● XO Pictures: Chicago-based motion picture artists with a passion to discover beauty and inspiration.
● Art of Imagination: Chicago-based Art of Imagination specializes in luxurious fabric and creative lighting for weddings & events. A full-service decor and event production company that is the go-to resource for stunning, one-of-a-kind events across the city.
About Lovebird Events: lovebirdevents.com
Chicago-based Lovebird Events was founded on the belief that weddings should be sensibly planned and passionately celebrated. With a strong sense of style and a talent for details, we specialize in creating smart, elegant events for the discerning bride
About Martha Stewart Weddings: www.marthastewartweddings.com
Martha Stewart Weddings is the leading resource for the bride who wants a wedding that is beyond the ordinary. An elegant and award-winning bridal magazine from Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Martha Stewart Weddings guides couples through the entire wedding process, with a focus on helping them make their special day truly their own. Filled with fresh ideas, inspiring photographs, and how-to information, Martha Stewart Weddings takes readers from the engagement to the honeymoon and beyond, into their new married lives. Published quarterly, the magazine outsells all other national bridal magazines on the newsstand by a wide margin.
About The Wedding Library: www.theweddinglibrary.comFor over a decade, Claudia Hanlin’s Wedding Library has been a coveted resource for brides, providing unparalleled wedding planning experience, impeccable design services, and a one-stop-shop with carefully curated bridesmaid dresses, bespoke wedding stationery and registry gifts. Claudia is a Contributing Editor toMartha Stewart Weddings. She has been awarded numerous honors, including the prestigious Modern Bride Innovator’s Award, four International Special Events Society Big Apple Awards for Design,The Knot’s Best of New York Wedding Planner and Juli B’s Top US Shopping Service Award. Claudia’s expertise has been featured on network television, radio and in leading bridal and news publications. Together with Martha Stewart Weddings, the company produces The Wedding Party, a luxury bridal showcase.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Kim Images via Fashion Bomb
Kim Kardashian was on top of a current trend in 2012, way before the fight and wait list over her $650 silver Jimmy Choos began. Silver pumps are all the rage now and can be achieved for an affordable price. Pair with sleek and sexy pencil skirts or boyfriend jeans and ultra cool tees -these can take you from office to drinks with the gals. I can't wait to try!