Monday, December 6, 2010

What to Wear : Holiday Parties

The time has come! Christmas and holiday parties- galore. I myself, have 3 to attend and its nerve wrecking sometimes to come up with different ideas and wow-inspired outfits. Have no fear, I’m giving you some ideas in order to be ready to be fabulous and stunning at this year’s bash(es).



The casual dinner/party



I write a section for Chicagonista and for the website we have a gathering of all the writers. Last year was my first time attending and I was so nervous meeting the ladies and how my clothing choice be received. It surprised me because it was so casual, some ladies had on slacks and blouses and others had on jeans and a shirt. So I suggest for the casual dinner with friends or that freelance job get-together to take it easy with a pop of shine or color.

Choose a basic boyfriend blazer with a sparkly tank and jeans with fabulous glitter oxford pumps. Everyone will fall in love with the shoes! Or chose a sparkly cardigan, with a basic tank and jeans and black glitter pumps.









Office Affair



For those corporate and office parties you want to bring a little va-va-voom to your regular everyday look. Go for a silhouette friendly and color catching dress that shows just enough skin and jazz it up with a rhinestone clutch and basic black pumps.











Dinner with his family

If this is the first time meeting your significant other’s family I suggest keeping it cute and modest. Choose a lace dress that covers all the important parts but add major punch with your shoes and clutch. Mom will fall in love with the intricate lace details while his sisters will fall for your clutch. Don’t forget to bring a bottle of wine or veggie tray!





No comments:

Post a Comment